Long time no see, huh? To be honest, I knew this was going to happen, the neglect of my blog for over two months after the semester ended. I can give you 34835455 reasons why this happened, but I’ve decided to list all of the things I’ve been doing this summer instead. You can decide for yourselves which of these can pass as a good excuse for not updating this blog.
- worked the entire month of July on my thesis about online television. I got so sick and tired of it, that I wanted to burn my copy immediately after it was finished.
- worked for six weeks straight in August and September as an accounting support at a big ass firm.
- realized this summer job was way more interesting than most of the stuff I’ve learned the last four years during my Communications studies, and decided to enroll in another master’s degree. This time it’s Business Economics.
- Moved everything from my previous, crappy student apartment back home in July, only to move back to Ghent in September into a new and awesome duplex together with my boyfriend. I’m kind of digging this whole living-together-and-being-homey kind of situation.
- Oh, I graduated. It was about time.
- Tomorrow I’ll have my first course of the new semester. It’s called Financial reporting in IFRS context. I have no idea what that means, but I’m so excited!
- And as you probably can see, no trips or travels have been made during my online absence. I think I can officially state that the summer of 2013 has been the least exciting holiday I’ve ever had in my entire life. Maybe that’s why there were no updates, because there simply was nothing interesting to report (unless you want a documented account of my growing frustration during the different stages of my thesis writing process).
How was your summer? Did you have as much fun as I did (sarcasm)? I hope not!
I’ll leave you with a nice polaroid of me and my friend Guyentie at our graduation ceremony: